Guide to Unemployment Insurance
The Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance has a Guide to Unemployment Insurance online which provides information on:
- Claimant’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Understanding Unemployment Insurance
- How Your Benefits are Determined
- Direct Deposit
There are two ways to file and to manage an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim:
- Use the UI Online self-service system which is a fully integrated Unemployment Insurance System
- Call the UI Teleclaims Center
Mass Hire provides the following services to assist Unemployment Insurance claimants:
- An information package about Unemployment Insurance and how to file a claim. For a copy, visit the Career Center
- MassHire offers a workshop for people who wish to use the online self-service system. UI Filing & Managing Your Claim teaches you how to navigate the UI Online self-service system in order to file, re-open, request weekly benefit, add dependents, review/edit personal information and verify account and payment information
- This workshop is offered several times a month. Please check our workshop calendar for dates and times. To register for the workshops, call (508) 771-5627 or visit our Hyannis location
- The MassHire Resource Room has two computers connected directly to UI and telephones to call UI for use by claimants
- For help filing or managing your claim online, a staff member (the UI Navigator) is available by appointment. To make an appointment, visit the Career Center or call (508) 771-5627
UI Walk-in Hours
Monday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.