Nominate Your Company (or a Company You Admire) for the Age Forward Employer Award
The Age Forward Employer Awards – an initiative of the Cape and Islands Workforce Development Board, Career Opportunities and Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands — honor employers who recognize the value of older workers and maximize the potential of their workers as they age.
By embracing their multigenerational workplace as an opportunity, these visionaries use innovation, flexibility and creative talent management to stay ahead. They also realize that hiring, retaining and using older workers strategically can solve a variety of pressing problems business owners face.
Age forward strategies directly support and utilize the talents of older workers, but these strategies benefit all workers. Age forward strategies have helped employers lower costs, boost productivity, spark new business, and better align their products and services with Cape Cod’s booming older adult consumer market.
Some businesses don’t realize they’re Age Forward.
Age Forward practices include:
- offering flex Hours and telecommuting
- phased retirement
- encouraging mentor relationships
- wellness programs
- recruiting older workers
- cross-training all workers
- allowing employees to swap shifts
- creating new paths of advancement within a business
- enlisting older workers to strategically retain and transfer a business’s networks and knowledge across generations
- rewarding employees who model work ethic and emotional intelligence for others
- ensuring that training and development opportunities are offered to workers of all ages
Winners of this year’s competition will be featured in a brief documentary film and honored at an Awards Breakfast on September 25, 2018
Nominate a Company for the Age Forward Employer Award