The computer literacy program is a 7-week program focusing primarily on MICROSOFT WINDOWS, WORD, EXCEL and basic typing skills. Also included is an overview of OUTLOOK and POWERPOINT. It is designed to teach participants the computer skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
We use a 3-pronged approach utilizing classroom instruction supported by a self-paced online tutorial and a comprehensive training manual. The tutorial is based on MS OFFICE 2016
- WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM
- WORD BASIC, AND INTERMEDIATE, 2016
- EXCEL BASIC AND INTERMEDIATE 2016
- OUTLOOK BASIC, 2016
- POWERPOINT BASIC, 2016
TYPING PROGRAM: Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe Version 16.
Computer Literacy meets Tuesday through Thursday from 9:00-12:00 for seven weeks.
Daily attendance is required. Class size is limited. New classes begin approximately
every 7 weeks.
Please note that certain eligibility requirements must be met, including the ability to type
15 words per minute. As part of this process, the following workshops are highly
- Résumés that Work
- Dynamic Cover Letters
- Job Training
- Personalized Career Counseling
- Resume Development and Critique
- Job Search Workshop Recommendations
1. Resumes that Work
2. Dynamic Cover/Follow-up Letters
3. Online Applications and Tests
4. Exploring My Interests and Options
5. Developing Your 30 Second Commercial
7. Networking Effectiveness
8. Using Age to Your Advantage
The Career Consultant is your point person for all job search activities that you need in
order to find your career and passion. The Career Consultant is available through the
entire process and for 12 months after you have become employed and working your